I've posted to Twitter almost 1400 times, and have come up with a few rules for myself, a "style" if you will:
- Be Unique.
- Try to be Descriptive or Declarative.
- Limit yourself to one sentence only.
- Avoid "right now" or other superfluous speech.
- Avoid repetition.
- Avoid all caps.
- Links are nice.
- Use @reply to provide context only - "D" instead of @reply for one-off conversations.
- Don't hate, appreciate!
- Stop and think about the words you are using, and who will be reading them.
I actually find #3 to be the most difficult one to follow, and #10 to be the most valuable. Again, these are just my own personal rules for me.
Must Twitter better!