I had the following awful situation happen to me today:
1. I'd been recording pictures and video on the Treo 650.
2. Locked it, put it in pocket.
3. I took it back out, it's restarting. Then, it kept repeating the restart cycle.
4. Reset didn't help, and all I remembered how to do was a hard reset (no good - didn't want to lose those pics!) or a soft reset (didn't help).
5. Took the battery out. Loss of use of camera/phone for the afternoon.
Returning to the house, I learned how to do a warm reset, which allowed me to back up, but not use the phone or some other apps. I was finally able to do a hard reset, then restore everything via Missing Sync.
But - what if this happened again, as I continue to push the device? I searched for "backup restore palm card" and boom: RFBackup:
- Backup to memory card.
- Restore from memory card.
- Optimizes backups by copying only databases modified since the last backup.
- Keeps a log of the last backup operation.
Just tried it. The backups on the card and the PowerBook look identical. It also creates a launcher on the card, so that it will be accessible in the case of a hard reset. Yes Free Software. As in Free Music.